Thursday, June 16, 2011

this.week.has.gone.by.too.fast...again.

It really seems that time flies while doing things that you love. I find that concept so alive and true when at the end of the day you plop down on the couch and let out a deep breath and think "Today was a good day. It wasnt perfect, but it was a good." As of right now, my hands still smell like baby. My hair has been in a side braid for more than a month. I need a shower and clean clothes. The dress I am wearing has become my closest companian with the summer heat. My love for cherries is slowly dwindling (as I have too many every time we pick them..). Apples are still my favorite fruit. Hillsong fills my hears and mind with the wonderful praises about my King. I'd say that this sums up the end of my day, everyday.
My heart for the girls at FH just swells up with care and love with each day that I spend with them. I get to see how they interact with each other (and with not knowing Romainan very well yet or Russian at all, I can see that actions definitely speak louder than words :)). Last night we went to the store with a few of the girls from FH to get some late-night snacks (girls are the same all over the world!). I saw that one of the girls was getting some meat from the deli and I was thinking "what is she going to do with all that meat?". As we arrived home (with 10 mins until curfew, whew!), she put her daughter to bed, went straight to the kitchen, counted every one in the kitchen, pulled out the cut bread and then cut up the meat. It was a beautiful thing to see. As she was passing out the food to everyone I leaned over to Caroline and said something like, "Caroline, her gift is to give and make sure everyone is comfortable. I would want to hurt whoever thought it was o.k. to hurt her." Everytime I spend more and more time with the girls and their children, I find myself sometimes thinking that if I ever came in contact with the people who hurt them, I might hurt them! I am so thankful that they are at the Freedom Home. They can find freedom and hope. God is so good and He is revealing His love and safety to each girl, day by day.




Today we picked cherries. There were so many!





The girls at the home are going to make jam, soooo good!








I hope that you are having a great week. Thank you for your continued support and prayers!

Prayer Requests:

-Permanent/regular counselor at the Home

-Continued restoration for the girls

-Steady and secure staff for the Home