Sunday, June 19, 2011

comfy clothes on a Sunday.

Oh Sundays, how I love that you make me want to wear cut-off sweats and a t-shirt right after church. Your slow-moving time with your care-free thoughts has caused me to do exactly that.
I have been in my comfy clothes since I arrived home from church. I am proud of my choice.
And as I sit here, with a cup of coffee at just an arms length away, my mind goes back to the experiences and stories of today.
There was something that I was told on my way to church today that just made my skin ripple. It is a horrible story about a young girl who is a beggar that is frequently seen at this particular intersection in the city. Today we saw her at that intersection on our way to church. She seemed so distraught but was always smiling. I kind of wish I had taken a picture of her. Nancy then told us that she was an orphan at a certain orphanage in Chisinau and she was at this place in the city most all of the time. She said she heard from a friend of hers that this young girl was taken advantage of by thirty men one night. thirty men. I was disgusted at the male race. I was angry at the demand for young girls to suffice the needs of man. When it crosses your mind, be praying for this girl and all girls alike in the world who are coerced to do things they don't want.
That is really the only story that stood out in my mind.

The rest of the day has been spent going to the market and purchasing fresh vegetables. An absolute favorite of mine.
In the past week I finished a book. I recommend reading it if you have the time:
"Sex Trafficking: Inside the Business of Modern Slavery by Siddhartha Kara".
I sit here thinking, When will we see the beauty amidst the desperation from the millions who have no voice?