Monday, June 13, 2011

good evening!

[two things] first: some men in moldova don't shave their armpits. today a man at the mall was stretching his arms, he had a tank on and there was no hair. I repeat no hair in the pits. Definitely caught me off guard.
second: please try to say "fish mcwrap" 10xs fast.




hahahahaha.



This weekend was nice and relaxing. We found a Moldovan garage sale on Saturday and I fell in love with all of the knick-knacks they had. I definitely plan on going back to that glorious find. We went to the market and got some fresh veggies and fruit. We made a fantastic Italian Pasta for dinner on Saturday and we are still snacking on it. Sunday was a great day at church and it was wonderful to see the girls from the Freedom Home being welcomed so warmly by this small church. There really is freedom rolling through their veins from this church, God is so moving in their lives. Little Elena was a hoot during the whole service :)


And it rained like no other last night. There were instant floods in many of the streets in our neighborhood and man was it loud.


Today as I was walking to the Freedom Home from my language lessons I just had to take some pictures of the cool things I see everyday.





I love the beauty in Moldova. It's so creative, rustic, and simple.


There was a heaviness on the Home today. The women were sensitive and there just seemed to be a heightened level of emotions circulating through the Home. Always be praying for these women and all the women who are victims of slavery around the world. They each go through so much and have to deal with more than we can imagine after. Pray for a house counselor for the home; someone who can regularly come to the home and counsel the women.


And tonight Caroline and I (along with some new YWAM friends) ventured to Malldova and went bowling! It was a blast!








La Revedere!









[Oh! And we were caught in a very closed-quartered rutiera from the Mall tonight. After slithering through the rough crowd, I thought "I think may now know what my child will go through when birthing..." A thought that quickly fleeted from my mind. No worries.]