Monday, June 6, 2011

morning thoughts.

This weekend I learned more about something. I have heard and now I am accountable.

In Matthew 9:16-17. "No one sews a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment, for the patch will pull away from the garment, making the tear worse. Neither do people pour new wine into the old wineskins. If they do, the skins will burst; the wine will run out, and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into the new wineskins, and both are preserved.
1. Old wineskins are old ways and thoughts.
-these old wineskins hinder a person from being open and aware to the new things
and creativity that the Lord brings to those who are willing.
-old wineskins are not a part of the empyting process. the time and moments in our lives
where we know that the Lord is the only part of our lives that we are to depend on.
-pride and bitterness are huge hinderances from new wineskins.
2. The new wineskin that we conciously set before us everyday will draw is closer to the Lord.
-new wineskins are a sign of change and growth.
- a new wineskin means that we are aware and open to newness in our lives.
(ex: new ideas in ministry that the Lord is showing us; being aware of those new waves
of ideas for a church)
-Isaiah 55:8; "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher
than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."
-John 3:30. "He must increase, but I must decrease."
-Psalm 46:10. "Cease striving and know that I am God, I will be exalted among the
nations, I will be exalted in the earth."
It is all about being poor in spirit: "Poorness in spirit is that humility which looks away from self, and depends upon the strength that is stronger and the wisdom that is wiser than we."
(Dr. Spiros Zodhiates)

Be open, aware, accountable to yourself and the Lord in who He wants you to be. If we are choosing to listen to our old ways than there is no room for change and growth in the Kingdom of God.

Be blessed today!