Friday, June 24, 2011

Oh beautiful Friday!

This week has been wonderful; full of laughs, smiles, questions, answers, frustration, tears, and love. Life in Moldova has proven to be an assortment of so many emotions.
Each Wednesday night, Caroline and I stay the night at the Freedom Home. This past Wednesday we arrived at the home and the girls were in the kitchen making dinner. They had smiles on their faces and welcomed us saying Buna Ziua Ana, Buna Zia Caroline. We played with the children, outside and inside. Their joy for life that night was contagious. As we all sat down for dinner, it felt like this was a family. The Freedom Home is family for these girls. It probably brings a sense of security and love in their lives. If it hasn't yet, it will. Pray with me right now that if there are girls at the home who don't feel loved or taken care of, that they will today. God is so good and pray is so powerful.
The Freedom Home has a ping-pong table. I'm asked every Wednesday (since it has been set up) to play with one of the girls. Lets just say the first time I played, she felt very bad for me and we quite early. This Wednesday night was not going to be that night. We played and played. We laughed...and at one point so hard you couldn't hear out laughs anymore. We were pretending that we were ping-pong champions and the crowds were cheering out name. It was glorious. Then...then I slammed into the wall. I was the closest to the wall and I was so concentrated on the ball coming across the table that I forgot to slow down as I was stepping backwards. BAM! Full force into the wall. I've never seen her laugh so hard at me. She was on the ground and reenacted the scene quite a few times for the rest of the night. These were precious moments that I have loved so much this week!
There are so many stories that involve the Freedom Home this week, some highlights:
In the mornings they have devotions and it is a beautiful thing to see the girls hungry for the Word of God and willing to ask alot of questions.
They have ALOT of cherries at the home during this time of year. Yesterday I was eating one and one of the girls came up to me and said, carne? I started to laugh so hard! It is a joke that the worms inside some of the cherries are great protein, so hence, they call them carne. meat.
And also yesterday morning I felt like there was a bug on my neck but I was around the kids and I didn't want to scream so I tried to compose myself. The bug wouldn't leave my neck! So I quickly turned around in my chair and who was standing there, the girl who said carne earlier in the morning!! We laughed so hard and she was making fun of me in Romanian. Love it!

well I have a yummy breakfast awaiting me. I pray you are all having a great day! Thank you so much for your prayers and support.